Thursday, November 16, 2006















Anna can now pull up to her knees!







Time to lower the mattress again! When we put her in the crib seated, she can move over to the side and pull up on the rail to chew on it and look like a pitiful little prisoner.

Today was a very exciting day- I got to play dress up with Anna, and she made her first sign! When I was home this past weekend I found some old baby clothes of mine that I used to dress my cabbage patch doll in. This was a homemade cabbage patch doll, so she was a little bigger than the average one. Anyway, here are the overalls that my real babydoll fits into!



The next picture I thought turned out pretty amusing...it looks like Anna has just killed the cat. In reality, Whiskey was like that before Anna got there, and exited quickly after the murder attempt.


What does this face say to you?


Anna also got another hand-me-down, a puppet monkey I used on mission trips to Ecuador and Honduras. It's a fun toy for both parents and baby!


At dinner tonight, with 3 witnesses, Anna made the "milk" sign!! Earlier today I noticed her little fist opening and closing but she refused to nurse/take a bottle so I didn't think she understood what it meant, and then tonight she made the sign without prompting and she drank the bottle I made in a hurry!! Yay!! She also is attempting the "more" sign but has her own version where she puts her hands together instead of just her fingertips. I'm impressed that she's learning so quickly and can't wait to introduce some more signs!!

No comments: