Saturday, January 20, 2007
















Anna at 10 months





Moving on...Anna is no longer a 1 room baby!! She loves to crawl into the dining room, kitchen, and down the hall. So far she hasn't found the steps (the door to the basement is closed). Funny how she can climb the steps at Grandma and Great-Grandma's houses with no problem. Did daycare teach her this?? They do have a mini-gym in the infant room with a few steps and a ramp. It's amazing what she's learning everyday. Her favorite off-limits item is Madeira's water bowl. Yuck-she'd climb in it if it was big enough! Instead, she dips both her sleeves in and sloshes all the water around. Maybe we should bathe her more often to get her water fascination taken care of! I can't wait for the summer so we can go to the pool!
















I've been wanting to capture this pose for a while!

Anna loves her lovey, and her thumb, too! We have 3 loveys now, 2 for home and 1 for school. At school the other day, I watched her crawl over to her crib, reach between the slats, and pull her lovey out. I thought that was so smart!! I'm not so sure the rules are being followed there, (lovey is supposed to stay in the crib!) but oh well, if she needs it to soothe her at school, that's fine. One of the home loveys is down to one eye- I'm wondering if I should repair it (since back-up lovey has 2 eyes) or just let it be one eyed??

















Madeira waits patiently for scraps








Mealtimes have gotten frustrating- one day she'll eat diced peaches, the next day, forget it! I feel like we're in a food rut- she's not eating as much as she used to because she refuses to eat what she used to! I've tried carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, tofu, peaches, pears, bread, pasta, egg yolks, veggie rings, and every jar of baby food under the sun. She does eat some bread, but she used to eat a whole slice- now she won't even eat half a slice! I know she does eat, but I don't want to get into feeding her puffs or crackers the whole day to count as a meal. She loves crackers and baby cookies, but she only gets those maybe once a day (if at all). I just wish I could find something she liked that was healthful!!

Thanks Angela and Brooke for my new "smooshie" frog!


For some reason, Anna likes to hook her toes under the feeding chair's tray. It reminds me of how closely related we are to monkeys. And yes, she got her toes from me (unfortunately!).

Anna's new word for the week- Duck! She's also said/waved Bye-bye for different people. It's really cute when she does it for strangers! At the doctor's office she waved to a family leaving and after everyone else said goodbye, she waved and clearly said, "Bye-bye!" Everyone laughed and I was one proud mama. She has her 3rd ear infection now, so maybe that has something to do with her appetite? I look forward to having a hungry baby again!

No comments: