Friday, February 15, 2008

Just when I think Anna can't get any cuter or sweeter, she showed me true sympathy today. Cleaning out my car, I put my favorite coffee mug (one I bought at Bald Head) in my backpack. When I tossed the backpack over my shoulder, out popped the mug, onto the concrete garage floor below. It smashed into pieces. I got a little teary, and told Anna how sad I was that my favorite coffee cup was now broken. She came over from playing with the rocks in the driveway, patted my leg and said, "Sorry, Mommy" and gave me a hug around both legs. I then cried because of the compassion of a 23 month old!! Later on today I had a lot of pain in my knee and I had to stop playing with Anna. She again came over, patted me on the back, and said, "Sorry, Mommy" and gave me the sweetest hug. I am so proud to have such a loving daughter!

No comments: