Friday, February 15, 2008

Anna's little sayings...


Mom keeps reminding me to write down what Anna says. So here we go...


She refers to other children as "kids". Like yesterday when she was playing with my doctor's son, she said, "Hey, kid, let's play!" Once she knows someone's name, she'll say it, but if she doesn't know it (like at the YMCA) she calls everyone "kid". "Bye kids!" is her favorite when we leave the gym's child care center.


Lately she's been fixated on shadows, lollipops, cookies, cereal bars, blueberries, and pudding. She knows where the cabinet is that holds the pudding mix, and will go to it and say, "Mommy make pudding?" and nod her little head up and down. She knows that Walgreens gives out lollipops, so I have to plan my prescription pick-up around a good time for sugar fix. I taught her about her shadow the other day, and now she talks a lot about "Anna's shadow".


The other day she ran around the house screaming, "Poop tickle!" I didn't think too much of it until daycare called me at work saying that she was having a BIG meltdown due to constipation. Oops. Lesson learned. We now give her as much fruit as she wants and not as much cheese!


When she tells you she's going shopping and you ask her where she's going, she'll tell you, "Toys R Us!" although lately she's been adding "Target". That's my girl!


She can count to 12. Not sure why she goes past ten or stops at 12, and most of the time she misses a few numbers (like 4 and 5), but 6-12 is right on! She can also pick out the letters A, X, and P. Again, not sure why X and P, but A is for Anna, so I guess that's how she learned that one so quickly. Also, if she says her name, it's "A-nah". So cute.

No comments: