Thursday, March 06, 2008

Today was a great day. We went to the library, grocery store, had lunch at Ukrop's, and came home for naps that I am SO thankful Anna and Brynn take at the same time! We spent the evening getting to know a Richmond Mommy and her son, Joey, who happened to get their car stuck in our driveway. Anna was especially snuggly today, and I lost count how many times "I love you's" were shared. I'm relishing this sweetness and feeling extremely thankful that I am able to be with them during the day and work part-time in the evening. It's like having the best of both worlds!


Brynn had butternut squash for her first taste of real food today. She LOVED it. Sucked her fingers dry, and fussed for more! We've figured out her tickle spots, and how she likes to be gently lifted in the air for big giggles.


This morning, as I was trying to get dressed, Anna started playing in the bed. We pretended to go to sleep, and Rye even joined us under the covers. Then, Anna says, "Mommy, get out of bed! Make Anna orange juice?" It wasn't as demanding as it sounds, I promise. Later she said as I was putting on my shirt, "Mommy pretty. I love mommy", followed by a sweet orange juiced kiss on my leg. I've never worn juice with such pride as I did today.

No comments: