Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Time out, Lila!
On Monday, I had both girls at home, as we've decided to take Anna out of daycare full-time, and move her to part-time evenings to match Brynn's schedule (and my work schedule). That way I don't have to take Anna to "school" when I'm not working or have to drive to school twice in one day.
We were playing in the living room, and I went to the kitchen to make my 1 cup of coffee for the day, when I heard Anna say, "Lila, time out. Time out, Lila!" I came into the room to find Lila in the time out chair, and Anna pointing her little finger at her. When I asked Anna what Lila did to get in time out, she replied, "Hitting baby sister." I guess Lila saw Anna go to time out that morning for hitting Brynn! I am amazed that our 21 month old gets the concept of time out and consequences. I am happy that we can use time out to its full benefit now that we know she understands it!

No comments: