Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Contractions, contractions

Baby B is getting us prepared!! Monday around noon I started having some very uncomfortable contractions while Mom and I were shopping (of course for the little monkey!). We came home, I hydrated well, laid down, but didn't get any relief, so off to the doctor we went. I ended up in L&D for some monitoring and a medication called Terbutaline *yuck*. Not 5 minutes after the initial injection I felt like a racehorse on speed. My heart rate was well over 110, and I was shaking like I was really cold. Luckily it knocked the contractions out completely, so I was free to go home. I took one more dose of Terbutaline and decided that the side effects were not worth the benefit of stopping labor. SO far, I haven't had too many painful contractions to make me think about taking it again. I would be more worried if I wasn't over 34 weeks pregnant, and even my OB was hesitant to give me something to stop the contractions. So if they come again, then we'll be ready! My bag is officially packed, and all I have left to do is wrap Baby B's present for her big sister.

No comments: